Organization: Stony Point Reformed Presbyterian Church, Richmond, VA
Position: Director of Church Operations
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Stony Point Reformed Presbyterian Church, a growing, multi-generational PCA church in Richmond, Virginia is looking to hire an experienced leader as a Director of Church Operations. This position will support and connect the mission and vision of the church through its daily operations. This position requires demonstrated organizational, management and administrative skills and will oversee our church’s operations in three areas: staff management, finance, and building management and maintenance.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years of experience with demonstrated and relevant leadership responsibilities. Church experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and within Teams.
- Prior management and HR experience a plus.
- Prior accounting and finance experience.
This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to and assisting the Senior Pastor in these key areas.
Director of Church Operations Job Duties:
Daily Staff Operations
- Assists in the development, maintenance and execution of the strategic mission and vision of Stony Point Church.
- Leads staff meetings.
- Reviews, creates, and implements policies and procedures to ensure effective operation of all branches of staff work.
- Oversees operation of the church office, including management of operational staff and volunteers.
- Leads the Personnel Team.
- Leads in developing and maintaining HR functions, including policies and procedures related to hiring, benefits, performance evaluations, etc.
- Oversees internal and external communications and media.
- Leads the Finance Team and financial administrators (paid & volunteer).
- Works with the Finance Team and church staff to produce the annual budget and to prepare monthly budget reports to the Session and Deacons.
- Monitors accounting practices and accuracy.
- Manages Stewardship (giving), fund raising and special giving campaigns for special projects.
- Risk management – develops and manages insurance for the facilities and security for our staff and congregation (w/ the Security Team) and develops and implements policies that protect the church from legal attacks to our statement of beliefs and church doctrine.
- Oversees operations and management of church facilities and construction projects—including building use, maintenance, major improvements and additions.
- Oversees all contracted service providers for the maintenance and care of the building and grounds.
- Manages IT infrastructure, including hardware and software.
We thank you for your interest and would ask you to please send a cover letter and resume to Dan Johnston. We will receive applications through August 21, 2020.