Responsible for 1) recruiting, scheduling and training Coordinators, 2) recruiting and scheduling Caregivers for regular nursery shifts, 3) distributing nursery information to Coordinators, Caregivers and parents, and 4) record keeping.
Responsible for 1) cleaning and maintaining the nursery facilities, fixtures, equipment and toys and 2) keeping the nursery stocked with supplies. Both Directors work together to establish and promote the Nursery Ministry Team Mission, Policies and Procedures.
NURSERY TEAM COORDINATORS
Responsible for leading her team of 12 to 14 nursery Caregivers on Sunday morning once every seven weeks. The church office will send out postcard reminders two weeks prior to the team’s scheduled Sunday. Coordinators are encouraged (not required) to contact their team the week before, either by email or phone call. The coordinator also:
- Oversees the operation of the nursery for both services and the Sunday school hour, ensuring that our Mission is accomplished and that policies and procedures are followed.
- Assigns children and Caregivers to nursery rooms.
- Oversees the registration and reception of children in the nursery, and greets parents and their children.
- Oversees the pickup of children from the nursery.
- Advises, supports and encourages the Caregivers on her team in nursery set up, childcare, and clean up.
- Launders crib linens and blankets used during the morning.
- Assists the Directors with recruiting Caregivers and suggests creative ways to improve the performance of the nursery ministry team to the Directors.
Scheduled to work with a nursery team under the leadership of a Coordinator once every seven weeks. He/She will serve during the 8:30 worship service, Sunday school hour or 11:00 worship service. The Caregiver also:
- Provides safe, secure, and loving care to the infants and toddlers.
- Holds, rocks, sings to, plays with, reads to, changes, feeds, comforts, giggles with, guides, and listens to children.
- Takes children to the bathroom.
- Sets up, cleans up, and takes out the trash.
- Responsive to his/her Coordinator and serves with a cheerful heart and a smile.