“For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink”
Jesus taught His followers to demonstrate their faith in Him by loving their neighbors. Our faith and devotion to Him compels us to happily offer food to anyone in need. It is an expression of our love for them as well. Sometimes those who need emergency food also have other needs – spiritual, as well as practical. When our guests express these other needs, we pray with them and, as we are able, do what we can to serve them. We also invite our guests to worship with us.
Stony Point Church in Room 101 / 2330 Buford Road / RVA 23235
- First and Third Tuesdays of each month: 1:00 to 2:30 PM
- Second, Fourth, and Fifth Tuesdays of each month: 6:30 to 8:00 PM
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Pick up food from Martins on Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday late mornings.
- Pick up food from food bank Monday or Friday afternoons.
- Distribute food on Tuesdays; Bag food, carry food to cars, and/or meet guest and discuss needs.
- Clean and organize pantry (anytime).
- Bag dry goods in advance of Tuesday pantry distribution.
- Record Keeping: reporting the number of people served, pounds of food delivered, and sending letters to our guests.
EMERGENCY FOOD PANTRY CONTACT
George Masiello at 330-5871.