TODAY. TOMORROW. FOREVER.
A Class for Married and Engaged Couples
Meeting for nine weeks at SPC on Sundays from 6:30 to 9:00 PM from January 12 through March 8. Space for this intensive class in limited to twelve married or engaged couples.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the United Marriage Class.
Yates & Katherine Dowell.
United Class Goals:
This enlightening course takes couples through a series of life lessons in Scripture to explore the spiritual and emotional elements of a lasting, loving relationship. By reflecting on the value of a United marriage, you will gain a deeper appreciation of one another and your marriage. You will better understand what living your lives “as one” means and how it changes and strengthens you personally, as a couple, and as a family. By inviting God to be present in everyday life, you will find and develop new and different ways of relating and supporting each other in your life’s journey together.
How the United Class works:
• Study: Utilize workbooks and audio sessions to examine behavior patterns. Learn new concepts about relationships and marriage.
• Application: Weekly assignments for you and your spouse to complete separate and together o Reinforce current concepts and introduce concepts for the next week of learning.
• Interaction: Small group sharing, discussion, and application and reinforce new behaviors and support the emotional growth of all couples in the class.
• Accountability: Interaction with other couples who are also learning and challenging themselves to grow forms a unique support and accountability system. The varying personalities and life experiences of the group create stimulating discussions and an encouraging environment for change.
Couples who take United will learn how to:
• Be each other’s best and most loyal partner in life.
• Welcome and celebrate each other’s differences.
• Talk with, not at, each other.
• Forgive without keeping score.
• Become more connected working through life’s challenges.
• Share in and support each other’s dreams.
• Stay committed to their marital and spiritual journey together.
United is a good fit for married couples who:
• Have healthy marriages, and want to grow even deeper, stronger, and more purposeful in their connection with each other.
• Are committed to one another, but struggle to relate well to each other in some areas.
• Have grown stagnant in their marriage and want to re-kindle the spark.
• Want to provide a strong foundation early in their marriage.
United is also a good fit for engaged couples who:
• Are within 6 months of their wedding date.
Cost for United Marriage Class materials: $103.95 per couple
I TAKE YOU
Marriage Seminars for Everyone
Four seminars for anyone who is or hopes to be married
- Seminar #1: Equally yoked; which means what exactly? / Saturday, February 15 from 9:00 to 10:15 AM
- Seminar #2: When I was a child; putting childish ways behind us / Saturday, February 15, 10:45 AM to Noon
- Seminar #3: Sloppy hospitality; inviting others into our relationship / Saturday, February 15 from 12:45 to 2:00 PM
- Seminar #4: Making up is hard to do:repentance and reconciliation / Sunday, February 16 from 9:45 to 10:45 AM
Bill Clark, Psychotherapist in the Northern Virginia area & former adjunct professor at Reformed Theological Seminary
All are welcome
These seminars are free and space is unlimited. You do not need to be married to participate in and benefit from them. Invite friends and neighbors who might be interested in this topic.
Childcare will be available, first come – first serve, for our Saturday morning seminars. Space is limited. Please sign up for childcare on the Sign Up Form, including the names and ages of your children.
CLICK HERE to sign up for the I Take You Marriage Seminars.